We invite dedicated and suitably qualified candidates for the following tenurable appointments who share our vision in Nurturing Creative Global Designers and Critical Thinkers for the Built Environment to shape Asia's Future and the World:
- 1. 2 tenure track faculty in landscape architecture for its Master of Landscape Architecture (MLA) programme – one to assume the Director of the Program
- 2. Teaching faculty in Urban Design, to assume the position of Director of Program
- 3. Teaching faculty in Urban Planning. to assume the position of Director of Program
The successful candidate should have an earned doctorate in Architecture or in the associated areas (Urban Planning, Urban Design, Landscape Architecture), with requisite experience and credentials suitable for full-time appointment in NUS.
To apply, please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) pdf copies of
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (including research, teaching and administrative experience);
- Publication list;
- a Statement of Teaching (maximum two pages);
- a Statement of Research (maximum three pages) – citing up to five significant publications, creative work or other scholarly contribution and explaining their significance;
- a list of six referees with contact details (who will be contacted only with your concurrence); and
- NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants;
Research Assistant Positions
Smart Design: Human-centric Planning of Urban District
This position is open for a motivated research assistant with a strong background in urban design and planning. The main objective of the research project is to firstly analyse, evaluate and refine existing urban design codes and performance benchmarks and then develop computational systems for urban design that enable iterative generation and evaluation of possible future urban outcomes based on predictive feedback to support decision-making. Specifically, activities will include translating urban design visions and strategies into form-based codes for urban design, developing these codes into generative models, and evaluating these generative models according to specified requirements
Key deliverables of the research project are:
· A set of new form-based codes for smart urban district design;
· Generated urban models and their assessments, in response to the specific urban design requirements;
· Software tool that serves to produce these urban models and their assessments;
· Publications at international scientific conferences and in peer-reviewed journals.
Qualification & Requirements:
The candidate must have
· Qualified to master degree level or equivalent in Urban Design, Urban Planning, Architecture or related field.
· Either practical work or research experience, preferably relating to urban design and planning of Asian cities.
· Familiar with Arc GIS and related spatial modelling and analysis tools, e.g. Space Syntax.
· Excellent presentation and documentation skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Work closely with Principal Investigators and external collaborators.
· Develop new form-based codes for smart design of urban district.
· Translate planning visions, strategies, and scenarios into generative models.
· Spatially analyse and evaluate urban models wrt to specified requirements.
Duration of Appointment:
Estimated no. of work hours per week:
42 h / week (Full-time appointment)
NUS standard hourly rate (which depends on candidates’ qualifications.)
Until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should send their CV to Assistant Prof Ye ZHANG, Co-Principal Investigator (email@example.com)
The National University of Singapore is a research-active university that offers an attractive employment package. Appointees will find, within the Department, a stimulating and well-resourced environment to pursue innovative and multi-disciplinary designs backed up by research that addresses the needs and conditions in Asia.