We invite dedicated and suitably qualified candidates for the following tenurable appointments who share our vision in Nurturing Creative Global Designers and Critical Thinkers for the Built Environment to shape Asia's Future and the World:
- 1. 2 tenure track faculty in landscape architecture for its Master of Landscape Architecture (MLA) programme – one to assume the Director of the Program
The successful candidate should have an earned doctorate in Architecture or in the associated areas (Urban Planning, Urban Design, Landscape Architecture), with requisite experience and credentials suitable for full-time appointment in NUS.
To apply, please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) pdf copies of
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (including research, teaching and administrative experience);
- Publication list;
- a Statement of Teaching (maximum two pages);
- a Statement of Research (maximum three pages) – citing up to five significant publications, creative work or other scholarly contribution and explaining their significance;
- a list of six referees with contact details (who will be contacted only with your concurrence); and
- NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants;
Lab Technologist (Workshop Computer Numeric Control Equipment Instructor with Digital Manufacturing Background)
Domain: Architecture / Manufacturing / Automation
The Department of Architecture (DOA) Design Fabrication Workshop serves 800 over students annually, has approx. 400m2 area with 50 + equipment, within which half of them are Computer Numeric Controlled (CNC) equipment. In the light of the progressive technical shift and increased operational complexity, we would like to recruit a Lab Technologist (CNC instructor with digital manufacturing background) with high technical competency to operate new generations of CNC equipment, such as high-quality 3D printers, CNC milling/cutting equipment as well as multi-axis robotic fabrication provisions. The candidate requires to possess both competent programming/computational knowledge and excellent material handling skills and experiences.
In line with other top design schools, such as ETH and Harvard, currently DOA Design Fabrication Workshop is operated by a team of:
a) Workshop masters (metal master, wood master, etc.) and
b) CNC instructor with digital manufacturing background
This recruitment is to appoint replacement personnel for the position b) CNC instructor.
We believe that our well-equipped and maintained workshop with highly competent Lab Technologists will excel the DOA to raise leading architects and industrial designers in Singapore and worldwide.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The appointed Lab Technologist will be involved in the following tasks:
- Work closely with the senior Lab Officers/Technologist and be responsible for the day to day workshop operations.
- Train CNC equipment operation to students/staffs systematically and develop detailed instruction materials.
- Assist CNC equipment operation for prototype making in various scales: from industrial design to architecture.
- Control safety standard of the workshop and document safety inspection report.
- Prepare contract with vendors with updated knowledge on (CNC) machine specification.
- Maintain (CNC) equipment and related tools.
Qualification & Requirements:
- Expertly perform CNC programming, operation and daily maintenance.
- Good craftsmanship accompanied which excellent knowledge of materials and the latest machining technologies.
- Ability to materialize design intentions as high quality physical prototypes in discussion with architects /designers /students.
- Excellent communication skills to instruct students and staffs.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in Manufacturing/Automation/Engineering based discipline.
- Experience working with Robotics (6 Axis above) is distinct advantage for the workshop's current provisions.
Duration of Appointment:
Starting from Jan. 2018 (incl. 3 months’ probation period).
Estimated no. of work hours per week:
42 h/week (Full-time appointment)
Gross Monthly Salary Range:
Salary will commensurate with the candidate’s qualification and experience.
Application deadline: till the position filled
Interested applicants should send your CV to A/P Shinya Okuda (Chair, DOA Workshop Committee, email@example.com) with your letter of intent. Appreciate your understandings in advance that only selected qualified applicants will receive responses. Shortlisted candidates may also be asked to submit additional documents for our considerations, if necessary.
The National University of Singapore is a research-active university that offers an attractive employment package. Appointees will find, within the Department, a stimulating and well-resourced environment to pursue innovative and multi-disciplinary designs backed up by research that addresses the needs and conditions in Asia.