Chen Hong, Imogen Udeshika Jayewardene, Ratna Delia Octaviana, Raymond Tirtawidjaja
Tutors: Low Boon Liang, Goh Hup Chor
The general vision of this project is to foster a vibrant recreational and green-oriented urban core. It follows four objectives, which are:
- Maximising land value (underground and on ground level) along Kallang Basin, to enhance the profile of the central recreation and residential districts.
- Regenerating place-based sustainable neighbourhoods to promote a pedestrian-orientated new lifestyle.
- Re-shaping the skyline of Kallang Basin east.
- Emphasising the application of renewable energy, green infrastructure, water-sensitive design, etc. to foster a green urban core.
To reach these visions and objectives, we created 6 main strategies:
- Green recreational corridor - This corridor will connect nodes, parks, neighbourhoods and open spaces. It will embrace western and southern precincts
- Commercial corridor – This corridor will link local nodes, TOD, mixed-use (residential and commercial), high density high-rise, high-end development and semi-pedestrianised.
- Blue recreation corridor – This corridor will implement water sensitive urban design, integrating water activities, and promote ecological value within community life.
- Water-front hospitality – This area will be a series of F&B clusters, a sports hub and a commercial complex with skyline control
- Eco-Neighbourhood – High density, high-rise and semi-pedestrianised spaces within a network of historic street and a new commercial corridor
- Water Front Housing – This area will implement some high-end residential development along the riverside and it will increase the value of the land itself